University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 2005
B.A., Geography and International Studies, Full Scholarship
Coursera Certificates of Completion
Equine Nutrition (University of Edinburgh)
Equine Care & Management – The Horse Course (University of Florida)
River Chase Farm, Aldie, VA 2013-2014
• Instruction of children and adults with focus on correct equitation and communication.
• Exercise riding of horses as needed.
Foxlease Farm, LLC/Allison Springer Eventing, Upperville,VA 2008 – 2009
Manager/Trainer & Assistant Groom
• Executed all aspects of care and training for 15 show horses at private estate.
• Studied under international event rider Allison Springer to develop and execute exercise and conditioning programs for farm owner’s event and fox hunting horses.
• Schooling of 6+ horses per day ranging from children’s ponies to CCI***.
• Solely responsible for safety based training of children’s horses and ponies.
• Coordinated all auxiliary care and maintenance vendors, and managed their contracts.
• Competition grooming and warm up when owner’s horses were competing.
• Selection and purchase or prospective show horses, including horses from the on property polo operation.
Copper King, LLC, Middleburg, VA 2007 – 2008
• Responsible for all aspects of management in upper level eventing barn.
• Daily conditioning of all levels of horses from off-the-track to CCI***.
Spring Haven Stables, Durham, NC 2004 – 2007
Assistant Barn Manager/Instructor
• Schooling, training, and teaching/coaching assistance at private all ages eventing barn.
• Rescue of horses, including first aid, reconditioning and retraining.
• Individualized care and sole charge for 10+ horses.
Quail Roost Farm/UNC Physical Education Program, Roxboro, NC 2003-2004
Working Student/Teaching Assistant
• Teaching assistance for beginner and intermediate riding and horsemanship to college students; children’s lesson program and summer camp.
• Schooling/retraining lesson horses; flatwork and jumping, field work, trail rides.
One Chance Farm, Beaufort, NC 2000-2002
• Cared for 20+ horses on breeding farm- feeding, turn out, barn chores, sole charge and farm sit
• Worked with and handled stallions and small herds on regular basis.
Professional & Management Experience
Hall & Sethi, PLC, Reston, VA 2011-2014
Sr. Litigation Assistant, Office Manager & Bookkeeper- civil litigation firm.
JB Management Solutions, LLC, Rockville, MD 2010-2011,
Sr. Program Specialist- US Dept of Defense contracts, event coordinator.
Hall, Sickels Frei & Mims, PLC, Reston, VA 2009-2011
Sr. Legal Assistant- Corporate law, personal injury and civil litigation.
Haywood, Denny & Miller, L.L.P., Durham, NC 2005-2007
Legal Assistant- Insurance defense law, corporate law and civil litigation.
Skills & Primary Interests
• Eventing through training level, dressage movements through 1st level.
• Particularly interested in advancing in dressage and stadium jumping.
• Showing and coaching experience in hunts, hunter, intro. dressage and eventing.
• Instruction of beginner through intermediate students, rooted in a safe, centered riding philosophy with specialty in effective visual reference training.
• Biomechanics based instruction for adults new to riding or returning to riding.
• Special interest in physical fitness tailored to riders.
• Studied under international event rider, Alison Springer, CCI**** rider Kristin Bachman, and hunter/jumper trainers Anita Young & Tom Navarro.
• Ground assistant for jump clinic by Olympian Kim Severson.
• Audited lessons by Olympians Phillip Dutton, Karen O’Connor, David O’Connor, & Jan Bynny.
• Extensive knowledge of reconditioning and retraining rescues, difficult horses, and general vices using both classical training methods, in hand work and round pen techniques.
• Conditioned and retrained variety of breeds including Quarter Horse, Appendix QH, OTTB, Arabian, Saddlebred, Warmbloods, Draft and Draft X.
• Round pen work with weanlings and yearlings, ground work, backing and early riding.
• Exceptional PR skills with clients, students and, especially, parents.
• Tech savvy in social media and other advertising, building websites, and bookkeeping.
• Creative, self-driven, team player; effective multitasker and extremely detail oriented.